Monday, May 10, 2010

Reyna Sisters



I have four sister-in-laws and perhaps it would be a better story if I told you that gaining acceptance into their close knit family was chaotic and challenging, but it was quite the opposite. They welcomed me with open arms from the very beginning. And as I fell deeply in love with their brother, space in my heart for my new sisters also grew. Caring, compassionate, kind, and generous are just some of the characteristics of these truly queenly women. I count my blessings everyday and among them are Silvia, Mabel, Carmen, and Erica.
This regal necklace was inspired by my sister-in-laws. Three opulent strands of large white faux glass pearls are arranged on shaped wire to perfectly encircle the neck. The traditional images on wood tiles are repurposed from a handcrafted Mexican jewelry and have been framed with acrylic gemstones. A silver tone chain finishes the back of the necklace for comfort.

No comments:

Post a Comment