Monday, November 2, 2009

Roberta G.


When I was younger, my sister and I would do the "pretend news". It was our own little make-believe game where we dressed up our mom's suit coats, sat at the dinner table, and spoke to our reflections in the kitchen window. Yet there was always a point in the game when we would fight over who would present the weather forecast. Why? Because of Roberta Gonzalez, the local weather anchor. She was confident, beautiful, and glamorous...and she shared not only our mother's name but resembled her somewhat (according to our father). Ms. Gonzalez has been honored for her charitable work by the American Cancer Society, American Lung Association, National Humane Society (to note a few). As well as received recognitions for her work on-air including 4 Emmy awards. I also heard that she is married to the play-by-play announcer for the San Jose Sharks (GO SHARKS!)...Given all of that, she's fascinating to me because of her style, like I said: a mix of confidence and glamour. I saw recent broadcast where Ms. Gonzalez was wearing this black and white bauble pearl necklace that was the inspiration for this piece. Here, I mixed merlot and cocoa drop pearls with large cream pearls on a silver chain. To wear it, I think you need a little confidence and glamour of your own.

No comments:

Post a Comment